Sikh Managed International Relief NGO Honored on ITV Show
LONDON, UK (KP) -The founder of Khalsa Aid, Ravi Singh, was recognized and honored by the national British media for his selfless service across the globe for the last 15 years. The international relief organization, Khalsa Aid has provided relief assistance to victims of earthquakes, floods, wars, and other disasters around the world since its establishment in 1999 by Ravi Singh.
Ravi Singh was recognized for his extraordinary efforts on Britian's ITV Network which showcased Khalsa Aid's relief efforts during the February 2014 Somerset floods in the UK.
The Khalsa Aid founder was nominated for the recognition by Somerset native Jim Winkworth who had witnessed the passion and selfless relief efforts of the Khalsa Aid workers in his hometown.
Video footage of Khalsa Aid workers assisting in Somerset was shown on the TV show along with the grateful reaction from Somerset locals in regards to the efforts of the Khalsa Aid workers.
Khalsa Aid's very first mission, in 1999, was to provide food and shelter to the refugees on the Albania/ Yugoslavia border where thousands of victims of the war in Yugoslavia were taking shelter.
Khalsa Aid has also provided assistance to the victims of the Cyclone that hit East India in the state of Orissa where it provided assistance to all the affected schools in starting their educational needs.
- Albania (aiding displaced Kosovan refugees),
- Turkey (earthquake relief),
- Orissa in India (rehabilitation after a typhoon),
- Gujarat in India (earthquake response relief aid),
- DR Congo (relief efforts in response to a volcanic eruption),
- Somalia (water purification assistance),
- Kabul, Afghanistan (war rehabilitation assistance,
- Pakistan (providing rehabilitation and assistance),
- Indonesia (art therapy sessions for young children),
- Panjab Drugs Project (drugs abuse in Panjab),
- Pathargaat, Dhaka in Bangladesh (cyclone effected area),
- Panjab Floods (Panjab floods relief),
- Haiti (providing water pumps),
- UK, Somerset (flood relief)
- Syria (refugee assistance)
- Iraq/Kurdistan (refugee assistance)
UK Sikh Charity Provides Assistance to South West Flood Victims
Sikh Organization Lead Humanitarian Efforts in Jammu-Kashmir Floods
An Interview with Ravi Singh, Founder of Sikh Humanitarian Relief Agency - KHALSA AID
Disclaimer: Panthic.org does not necessarily endorse the views and opinions voiced in the feedback from our readers, and cannot be held responsible for their views.